Safe transportation mostly relies on 2 things:
- Hiring a reliable moving company
- Packing your belongings correctly so that they are well padded and secure for the transportation
When packing your belongings only use strong, corrugated cartons with covers. We have packing supplies available that are designed specifically for all your household goods – everything from refrigerators and mattresses to mirrors and clothes. Using the correct packing supplies may help avoid damages caused by using poor-quality packing materials.
Faulty packing material choices: collecting boxes from your local grocery store, saving old newspapers, and taping it all up with duct tape. Before spending the time to collect the boxes and newspaper, consider the risks of using these materials. Boxes from grocery store are not as strong and they also once carried food. Insect eggs and insects such as roaches can travel in food boxes, which could then be transported to your new home. When wrapping your belongings with newspaper, ink may rub off and stain clothing or other items. For advice on packing special items correctly, please view our Packing Tips.
Handy Packing Supplies Include:
- Plastic bags and labels for easy identification
- Foam peanuts, Styrofoam pellets or “popcorn”
- Tissue or craft paper for delicate items
- Corrugated paper rolls for figurines and fragile items
- Gummed tape (1 1/2 to 2 inches wide) and/or strong twine for sealing cartons
- Markers and labels for identifying contents of cartons
- Notebook and pencil for carton identification log
- Scissors and/or a sharp knife
If you would like to order or find out more about the packing materials we have available please contact one of your representatives for help.