About our company
Allstate Moving Systems is looking for hardworking individuals to join our growing team. If you are looking for a career with a proven successful moving company, and an opportunity for growth, please review our job posting below and apply today!
Allstate Moving Systems is one of the largest privately-owned moving companies in California. We have been providing moving services to our Southern California community since 1965 and have maintained an “A+” rating with the BBB along the way. We provide local, long distance and international moving services, as well as commercial moving and warehousing & distribution services. We are an agent for United Van Lines, America’s #1 Mover. The key to our long-term success is having the right people on our team.
Compensation: $13.50 – $15.00 per hour depending on experience
Employment type: Full-time (40 hours a week / Monday thru Friday) Some overtime and weekends may be required
Eligible employee may qualify for benefits such as:
• Medical and Dental benefits
• Vacation and sick pay
Job Type: Laborer – Helper / Non-exempt
Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and drug screening, after a job offer has been presented.
This position is responsible for performing offsite residential and commercial packing work, help with residential and commercial mover, and help with warehouse duties as needed.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
- Wraps dishes and fragile items in packing paper and packs them into containers.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Delivers and stacks shipment on customer’s premises
- Assists in cleaning truck, tools, and equipment
- Collects or picks up empty containers, packing materials
- Must know, use, and follow all company safety regulations (training will be provided)
- Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures (training will be provided)
- Must know and use generally accepted industry practices for Employee will be responsible for completing time cards on time & must follow company policies, including meals & breaks rules according to the law and company policy.
- Works well in a team environment
- Knowledge of safety regulations
- Must be self-motivated
- Must maintain a high level of alertness
- Detailed orientated
These physical activities are essential to the job occasionally to frequently. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping/bending, reaching, handling and feeling.
- Must be able to lift 80-100 lbs.
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Required to work outside in either hot or cold climate for extended periods of time
- May be require to work additional hours / overtime / overnight / weekend when necessary to complete a task and/or move
- High school Level
- No experience needed
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Appropriate work boots or shoes
Often times, very busy atmosphere with loading and unloading of trucks, either manually or with the use of a forklift and is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. You will be required to wear a company provided uniform and photo ID badge while on duty.
ALLSTATE VAN AND STORAGE, INC. PROVIDES EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY TO ALL INDIVIDUALS REGARDLESS OF THEIR RACE, COLOR, CREED, RELIGION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY OR EXPRESSION, AGE, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY STATE, FEDERAL, OR LOCAL LAW.