United Van Lines is proud to offer our new moving solution, Snapmoves. This program is designed to provide a better moving experience by streamlining the moving process through the use of securely sealed containers. Ideal for smaller shipments like apartment moves or small one to two bedroom homes. If you are relocating employees in or out of Southern California (San Diego, Oceanside, Los Angeles, Ventura), call us at (800) 897-6683 for more details on our new Snapmoves moving solution.
Moving out of state is a delicate matter that requires exceptional levels of preparation and planning. You surely don’t want to greet moving day without having a clear plan in place.
Unlike a local move across town, or intrastate move, moving to a new state is the type of relocation that will bring a number of challenges to test your preparedness.
Once you officially decide to move long distance, the first thing you should bear in mind is that not all movers are created equal. You will want to find a professional interstate mover. In the majority of cases, local movers do not have the proper authority to legally transport your household goods cross-country. Look for a well-known vanline with a proven track record. Instead of attempting to move yourself, you can concentrate on the dozens of other task that must be completed prior to your long distance move.
Follow these steps to find a reliable state to state moving company:
- Get a free moving quote from a reputable vanline such as United Van Lines.
- Request a free in-home survey. Any major vanline will provide you with a not-to-exceed quote. Any company not willing to provide you with a not-to-exceed quote should be your first red flag.
- Research the mover. Two places I suggest reviewing is the companies BBB listing and the companies CPUC household goods permit. Here is the link to both for your review.
- Click here to view Allstate Moving System’s BBB listing
- Click here to view Allstate Moving System’s CPUC permit:
- Avoid online moving brokers and any company unwilling to provide a free in home estimate. Trust me, there are far too many scam movers out there. You do not want to trust your worldly possessions to an unscrupulous moving company.